subsonic 450 bushmaster reloading data

whitetail regulator

i haven't seen alot or data for 450bm subsonic loading so if u got some experience with this or simular please feel free to chime in...why 450bm subsonic? because 300blkout subsonic will kill deer with 194gr lehigh max expanders, but not leave much blood trail....5 shot 4 found all no blood....subsonic hunting is more like bow hunting in that your not really killing with shock....its wound channel...this means the game almost always runs when hit....so a blood trail is most desired for tracking....hopefully the 300gr xtp at 1050 will have better performance or exit wound...any experience with hunting with 300gr xtp regular please chime in....so
starline brass 1.693
trailboss 12.0gr
cci#400 primer
hornady xtp 300gr regular
990fps avg
detroit ammo has subsonic 450bm 300gr xtp mag it cronnyed 1018fps avg. this is from a ruger american ranch 450 bm bolt action.
i think the xtp regular may expand better at subsonic velocity...ok chime in guys thanks...

i haven't seen alot or data for 450bm subsonic loading so if u got some experience with this or simular please feel free to chime in...why 450bm subsonic? because 300blkout subsonic will kill deer with 194gr lehigh max expanders, but not leave much blood trail....5 shot 4 found all no blood....subsonic hunting is more like bow hunting in that your not really killing with shock....its wound channel...this means the game almost always runs when hit....so a blood trail is most desired for tracking....hopefully the 300gr xtp at 1050 will have better performance or exit wound...any experience with hunting with 300gr xtp regular please chime in....so
starline brass 1.693
trailboss 12.0gr
cci#400 primer
hornady xtp 300gr regular
990fps avg
detroit ammo has subsonic 450bm 300gr xtp mag it cronnyed 1018fps avg. this is from a ruger american ranch 450 bm bolt action.
i think the xtp regular may expand better at subsonic velocity...ok chime in guys thanks...
running a rarr through a aac 45 tirant subsonics only...

i believe the twist on rarr is 1/16....the only 450 bm ar pistol barrel ive seen had a 1/24 twist, wich i suspect is too slow for big heavy subs...
using the ti rant 45 on the rarr 450 bm requires a threaded adaptor 11/16x24 to .578x28 by excalaber...this gives u about 3/4" of adaptor with no rifings from muzzel to supressor...i was worried about stability on this...but everything seems stabilized with detroit subs...wiil see about handloads...

Are you having a conversation with yourself?
Don't worry I do it too, only mine sound more like this, "Why the h@ll did you do that?!"...."because I'm a moron!" :D:D:D

I mentioned to a buddy a little while back that I thought of building a .458 SOCOM pistol. So what does he do? Beats me to it, that's a bad little dude!
I wanted something small and light that I can hunt about anything with. Also to carry when I'm packing my big rifle into places. Normal I have my .460 Glock at my side but this would give me more reach. Can also shoot it subsonic suppressed. I use the Lehigh subsonic fracturing bullets in my little .510 and they have awesome terminal performance on game.

Don't worry I do it too, only mine sound more like this, "Why the h@ll did you do that?!"...."because I'm a moron!" :D:D:D

I mentioned to a buddy a little while back that I thought of building a .458 SOCOM pistol. So what does he do? Beats me to it, that's a bad little dude!
I wanted something small and light that I can hunt about anything with. Also to carry when I'm packing my big rifle into places. Normal I have my .460 Glock at my side but this would give me more reach. Can also shoot it subsonic suppressed. I use the Lehigh subsonic fracturing bullets in my little .510 and they have awesome terminal performance on game.
sweet i really like the lehigh 194gr max expansion in .308 diameter....i haven't seen an offering in .452 only .458 ....i wonder if it can be sized down...my guess probably not....any other. .452 hp low velocity expanding projectiles in the 300-400gr range?

i would 458s pistol....but im a lil leary of running one through my tirant 45. a pistol can for .452 projectiles....anyone else running big bore subs through a tirant 45? subsonics only...

I would think that the 250 grain FTX bullets would be good for expansion at Lower velocities. I know they are devastating at 450 loaded velocities (2200 to 2400 ft/sec)on hogs.

I load them in my 460 S&W with great performance on everything.

J E CUSTOM

Sure you can, I've run 350 grainers sub out of my .510 cal. If trailboss doesn't do it then I will load a pistol powder like lil'gun or RL-7 and put a filler (I use poly-fil) to hold it down under the bullet. Make sure you start above supersonic and work your way down in powder charge. If you plan on strictly subsonic then look at a lesser cartridge like the .45 ACP, lots of waisted space in the bigger .450 BM cartridge going sub.

Sure you can, I've run 350 grainers sub out of my .510 cal. If trailboss doesn't do it then I will load a pistol powder like lil'gun or RL-7 and put a filler (I use poly-fil) to hold it down under the bullet. Make sure you start above supersonic and work your way down in powder charge. If you plan on strictly subsonic then look at a lesser cartridge like the .45 ACP, lots of waisted space in the bigger .450 BM cartridge going sub.
if someone manufactured a 45 acp bolt action or single shot id buy it in a flash...i may do an encore in 45acp but don't know if it will have extractor that works or u gotta dig it out of the chamber

for 45acp single shot i looked at
encore barrel
mouser conversion
308 45acp conversion
special interest arms novem 40 cal
i wish i could just find a 45acp single shot carbine with threaded barrel from factory....suppressor host....anyone got a 45acp single shot carbine?

Ruger used to make a bolt gun in .45, don't know if they still do. As you mentioned the .308, I've heard of guys cutting that brass down for .45 acp shotshells so don't think extractors would be an issue. You could even build an AR upper with an adjustable gas block and turn it off. That would turn it into a bolt gun. Another option would be a single shot or bolt action .44 mag running subsonic. You can still run it through your can.
Just throwing out ideas.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.