Sub $900 Scope for hunting

pescado

Hi guys greetings from New Zealand. I am travelling to the US in Sept. and am looking to bring a new scope home.

It will be mounted on a Dakota 330 and used for hunting in open country and alpine areas for Tahr Chamois and Red deer out to 600m.

It needs to be:
30mm tube
MRAD
Max obj. 42-44mm
Side parallax
FFP
Dialable uncapped elevation. capped wind ok
3-15 or 4-16 power
Under $900 new

l am considering a Vortex Viper Gen II 3-15 and a Sig Tango4 4-16 which I can get under my price budget. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks

Think Captn meant Swfa 3-15,
I have a SFP one as well. I haven't had it long but so far so good.
Are you picking the rifle up here as well? As in you have export type of approval?

Thanks guys we dont get Swfa scopes here. It's in my price range so will look at it. I already have the rifle so don't have to jump through those hoops.

Thanks guys we dont get Swfa scopes here. It's in my price range so will look at it...

Hey Fish...I SWFA have three of them and they track perfect. The 3x15 is my newest so I have had it less than 6 months, but like the other two I have (fixed 16x) clicks are positive and on the money. They don' have a zero stop but you can get them on ebay for $20.00.

You might be able to find a Burris XTRII 3-15 in that price range. They area 34mm tube though.

buy a freaking huskemaw, look around you can get them cheaper than retail. I just did a review on one.

Did they start making them in FFP now? Unless the OP changed his mind, it is one of his requirements. They seem to be a very nice scope and might have check them out on my next scope purchase.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.