Sub $900 Scope for hunting

Yet another supporter of the SWFA 3-15×42. I currently have two of them. Have had others, and the 5-20×50HD. Great scopes for the money. Good glass, decent reticle, tracks fantastic, return to zero every time, and bulletproof. You can get zero stop shims for them too.

The Burris Veracity 4-20 was one of my first FFP scope and I got them when they first came out in 2014 (https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...riflescope-w-ballistic-e1-ffp-reticle.130833/). It's on my .270 AI and very pleased with it. Tracked tested to 1K yard thus far. Paid $629.99 for it back then.

Yet another supporter of the SWFA 3-15×42. I currently have two of them. Have had others, and the 5-20×50HD. Great scopes for the money. Good glass, decent reticle, tracks fantastic, return to zero every time, and bulletproof. You can get zero stop shims for them too.

I have the 5-20 on my .300 WSM and it is awesome tracking works as advertised and the optical clarity is awesome for these old eyes. Is ZS shim for the 5-20 available now, if so, please advise where I can get them. Thanks!

Ed

ADDED: Found a link to the shim option ...

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads/zero-stop-shim-sets-for-swfa-super-sniper-scopes.6282226/

Last edited:
Thanks guys, yes I do want FFP, the Burris is not really what I want, to stay in the 42-44mm ob. size I would have to step down to the max of x10 power or go up to the 50mm ob. size which is not what I want. I have a very specific spec I want to try and keep to.

... and another! Below is video done by TiborasaurusRex, now a LRH member (Rex Tibor) ...

Thanks guys, yes I do want FFP, the Burris is not really what I want, to stay in the 42-44mm ob. size I would have to step down to the max of x10 power or go up to the 50mm ob. size which is not what I want. I have a very specific spec I want to try and keep to.
This is the only one I found that meets all your criteria, but I have no experience with this brand of scope so no recommendation is given from me.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/7...ts-side-focus-first-focal-illuminated-reticle

I have been shooting PRS-style matches with the 4-16 Tango4 scope this summer. So far the turrets have been solid through dialing up and down for over 400 rounds fired. I've got the MOA milling reticle version and it's a really nice reticle, I think every precision scope I buy from now on will have a floating center dot! In my opinion it's actually useable at the low magnicifaction setting too; it turns into a basic duplex which is a plus.

Glass is for sure better than the Gen I PST scopes, haven't seen a Gen II so can't comment on that. Certainly plenty good enough for shots out to 600 meters/yards. The illumimation is quite good as well.

I've heard lots of good things about the PST Gen II scopes too, I think either one would fit your apllication well enough

Bushnell LRHS 4-18 x 44 FFP mil, capped on wind, open on Elevation, on close out thru, GA Precision. they are delivering the 2nd batch now, one reported more to come,
1/2 cost compared to new. you have to call them.

Idahoorion

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts