Sub $1000 BAT Action

Mikecr

It's possible. BAT actions are a very consistent standard. In fact, if you had a barrel finished for your SV action, I could use it just the same on mine.
It would need similar tightness, and I would check the coned breach clearance as actually clear and no more than 5thou.

If you purchased all barrels from the same finisher, who made a bunch with the same action/go/no-go gauges, there may be no difference with barrel changes.
I witnessed this through 3 barrels with a BAT RS action. Same brass & die settings, same load, zero change across barrel changes. Says a lot about the barrel finisher as well.

Other than Savage, I don't think this would work out from a common factory action.

D-mon

Tikka and sako does it. You can actually interchange the barrels of tikka t3(x) , sako a7 and sako 85, they all headspace the same provided you stay on the same bolt head group.

OrionsStar

I love my new BAT VR action. They did some extra work to remove some material for weight reduction. I just got the barreled action back from my smith. Waiting on the stock to get finished. It should be a very sweet shooter. Very smooth. Im gonna start barrel break in soon.

Alex Wheeler

Wondering if the pre fit barrel market will get picked up for these. A sub $2500 BAT actioned garage job? Yes please....
I am sure if you ask they will. I have been doing "prefits" for Bats for years. They have held tolerances that tight for a very long time.

Alex Wheeler

Yes, I do barrel work all the time. I do prefer to time the bore so Ideally I can have the action one time to verify the thread timing. But its not critical.

BoomFlop

The Ignitor action will be available around the end of this month, and the price starts at $995.

Hope this helps.
Steve