stupid re-chamber question

DanielLudwig

OK guys, i am as green as grass at this, this is attempt #1. What i have...i have a sporterized P14 Enfield action with a .532 boltface i bought for another project and didnt use, i also have a take off barrel from a 1917 Eddystone dad had built in the '70s. probably not alot of rounds through it, always cared for, sitting in a corner taking up space. Barrel is a 25 cal 1-12 douglas chambered in 25-06. the plan is to re-chamber the barrel for .257 Wby, screw it on the P14 and have a nice little rifle to fool with for not much money. Do i have all my figuring right? I'm fairly certain P14 and 1917 will be threaded the same, so if all works out right should just have to chamber headspace and go, right? If anyone has any info that would lead them to believe this would not work PLEASE fill me in. like i said never done this before, just doing it for experience, and to use up some stray parts.
Thanks
Daniel

dont have the old barrel off the action yet, or believe me i would have already tried. Is there a book out there anywhere that tells what thread these old military actions are??
thanks
Daniel

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.