Stupid question?

Most folks who want to lengthen their throat are trying to get some of the bullet up/ further out of the case, trying to get the boat tail/body junction up near the base of the case neck. Especially so for our newer, longer bullets. This obviously affects COAL.

With the current setup I have to set the bullets really deep. I want to be able to use longer bullets. I can't even use vlds now as I have to set them way down.

As stated above, you need to consider your maximum magazine length before you consider lengthening the throat. However, it is usually possible to also have a longer magazine installed which could accommodate your interest in using a cartridge with a longer OAL.

I have 270 Win factory Tikka T3 rifle. Can a gunsmith use a 270 Win reamer to deepen the chamber?
The answer is yes, assuming you want to use longer bullets only without changing the actual chamber.
It only requires the actual throat be changed to allow for more length.
Be advised you might lose the ability to use the magazine due to the longer length of the cartridge.
Id personally be trying the longer bullets seated as long as the magazine will allow first, and if the gun shoots that way id just be shooting it that way.

With the current setup I have to set the bullets really deep. I want to be able to use longer bullets. I can't even use vlds now as I have to set them way down.
Also you should consider if your 270 can even spin VLDs (twist rate) before making a chamber that will have an insane amount of jump for the standard 130g 270 bullet.

What rifle model is this regarding? Or did I miss that info?

"Why"....faster, flatter, farther....