Stuff I would like to see reviewed

Ian M

There are some items that I would like to learn more about - that I am considering but have not seen yet. Therefore I am listing a few in hopes that someone in this forum might have some experience and be willing to give a yea or nay. Here goes:
1. The Leupold magnetic boresighter - I understand that it is not critical where you attach it to your muzzle?
2. Source for a really good shooting mat - don't want a combo dragbag/mat
3. The little thingy that attaches to a Harris bipod to deploy it quickly - are they worth having?

Ian has graciously volunteered to moderate this forum. Thanks, much.

I have a Leupold boresighter on order. I'll let you know when it comes in.

I've used one and it works as well as any of the Lazer's but I use boresighters for many other things the Lazer doesn't do well. Checking clicks and moving scopes from one gun to another while maintaining zero. Checking power ring shift etc. Actually bore sighters are more efficient at these tasks than what they were designed for. The Lazer is good for checking zero in the field though but no better than standard jobs.

Yotebait,
I have never used a lazer bore sighter, have seen them advertised but don't know anyone who has one. Are you talking about the gizmo that inserts into the chamber or muzzle of your rifle? How far do they shoot their beam? How accurate is the initial setting vs actual shooting on the range.

I agree that regular boresighters are useful for more than just boresighting.

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.