Stuck cases

I clean the dues and wipe clean all oil. I use the RCBS lube and pad. I have only had one stuck case and that was from using too much lube. Case crumpled when die did not vent. Lesson learned. It does not require much lube

Thanks

Buck
I'm laughing because many years ago I dimpled quite a few cases that way.

I experimented quite a bit and settled on the Hornady spray lube for both dies and brass. No mess at all.

Just let it dry before you start running them through and you're good to go. I've not had a stuck case since.

I used to use Hornady One Shot. In act, still have some but I have found for my applications, using Unique Case Lube works really food for me. I just put a little between thumb and finger, then apply it to the outside of the case and occasionally will put a minute amount in the case mouth. I find that putting a little between thumb and forefinger, is good for about five cases. I've been using this method and haven't had a stuck case since. Good luck!

wanna get cheap? Burts bees lipbalm
The buildup could seriously become problematic. Even some of the lubes specifically designed for cases and dies have that problem.

We're dealing with very high pressure vessels, explosives, and .001-.01 tolerances.

I think it's best to stay with what's designed to work.

A hammer doesn't make a very good vice, and a vice doesn't make a good screwdriver.

I'll do the math for ya....

20 bucks for 5oz of one shot
18 bucks for 4oz of lanolin
1 buck for 32 oz of alcohol

1.5 ounces of lanolin to 16 oz of alcohol

so I roughly get 4 servings of lanolin and two servings alcohol which mixes roughly 68 ounces of mixture to lube. Sounds like a better deal to me. And when I used one shot, you have to shake the day lights out of it, and have to shake it as you use it. I let it dry, quite awhile, and brass just didn't size smooth enough for me, ESPECIALLY when you have a boat load of brass to load for an M1 Garand . Lanolin/alcohol is a swift shake shake, and that's it, it takes quite awhile for it to seperate. I use a pad but never used my cardboard finishing nail setup to line up 100 or so rounds. Components are scarce and I don't load alot of ammo anymore.

I'll do the math for ya....

20 bucks for 5oz of one shot
18 bucks for 4oz of lanolin
1 buck for 32 oz of alcohol

1.5 ounces of lanolin to 16 oz of alcohol

so I roughly get 4 servings of lanolin and two servings alcohol which mixes roughly 68 ounces of mixture to lube. Sounds like a better deal to me. And when I used one shot, you have to shake the day lights out of it, and have to shake it as you use it. I let it dry, quite awhile, and brass just didn't size smooth enough for me, ESPECIALLY when you have a boat load of brass to load for an M1 Garand . Lanolin/alcohol is a swift shake shake, and that's it, it takes quite awhile for it to seperate. I use a pad but never used my cardboard finishing nail setup to line up 100 or so rounds. Components are scarce and I don't load alot of ammo anymore.
I spend more than than twice that on a single box of 50 bullets and I get literally hundreds and hundreds of cases lubed with each can.

That may be "too expensive" for some folks but I see it as a negligible expense for something that works very well and doesn't make the mess other lubes do.

? I get literally hundreds if not more rounds loaded with a can of One Shot.

The only secret to using it is to let it dry about a minute or so after spraying before resizing.

I literally got over 1500 rifle brass resized with a $4 tub of Unique and have 2/3 of it left. Not a single stuck case and no counter tops to wipe off with overspray.

Last edited: