Stuck cases

if you use Imperial or Unique use very sparingly. When I use a expander ball FL sizing for .35 Rem or other calibers where mandreling isn't needed, I use a brush with RCBS lube, it works fine.

hi,
Still really new to reloading, and I know it happens so. Got a stuck case last night in my Redding master hunter fl die in 28 nos. I used the stuck case removal tool and got the brass removed from the die, but the mandrel with the expander ball was still inside. No I may be an idiot on this one. I re threaded the mandrel into the die. With the stuck case remover still screwed on in had to use a pair of pliers resting on the rim of the remover against the brass, and tap it off the mandrel. Sooo. I'm wondering how delicate are those mandrels. No side to side movement just down. The ball still floats well and obviously with just looking at it wouldn't be able to tell if it caused any damage. So thoughts, and tips for next time on removing case from mandrel?
Thanks
Dont feel bad.I taught myself to reload.I stuck one too.I took my Dremel a d sliced brass into and retrieved my expanding ball and shaft.The cause was not enough case lube.You won't do it again or not real soon anyway..Good Luck.

To get the mandrel out…pull it sung up into the neck, so it's out of the way. Then hack the bottom of the case off. Or drill out the bottom a little bigger than your caliber. Turn it upright and gravity will do the rest.

It happens…

I've put my FL die in the sink with water torched the exposed brass and pulled it out with pliers! Lubed the case and neck ran it back in tightened the mandrel and away I go! Now this was with a 300 BO case!

You can send it to Redding and they'll remove it too. Same thing happened to me with a 28 Nosler case. I tried a lot of what is suggested here. I used to use One Shot but moved to Alcohol and Lanolin mixture. You can tell the difference working brass it is much smoother with less felt friction.

You can send it to Redding and they'll remove it too. Same thing happened to me with a 28 Nosler case. I tried a lot of what is suggested here. I used to use One Shot but moved to Alcohol and Lanolin mixture. You can tell the difference working brass it is much smoother with less felt friction.
and will never get a stuck case..... tell tale signs of resistance well before you would be fool enough to get a stuck case with the Lanoline