Stuck case

Thanks everyone for the help. I think that I'll put together a kit like rflshootr suggested. Then in another 35 years, I'll have it ready. I'll only be 103 years old. ;)

Any thoughts on getting a stuck case out of a sizing die? This is my first one in 35 years of reloading and I don't have a puller.

Be careful not to damage your die. If you still have issues you can send it to us and we will get it out for you. Not that we remove a lot of stuck cases but have done so for some friends. We have the tools to get it out.
Len & Jill

Put it in the freezer for a few hours then try the red neck stuff. In theory the cold would contract the die and squeeze the case smaller then with a heat gun or torch carefully heat the die and then use various techniques other than a stuck case remover if you don't have one.
We are on the same page for sure, little heat and out they cum, hated to mention that kind of head cuz some will get carried way, same method as putting bearings in a press fit, or old wagon wheels on a spoke wheel,, Bravo

Use a fine thread tap and bolt. Gives a little more threads to grab In the brass.
Tom
You want a course thread TAP to dig in deeper. Also a Tap that is larger than suggested drill size or smaller drill bit. The fine thread has more threads, but very shallow and could pull over. The course thread has a deeper bite!
The kits they sell have course Taps.
I may be incorrect but that is what we have used to remove cases that were stuck in friends dies.
To purchase a Removal Kit is only about $20.

If you have an arbor press handy, an appropriate diameter piece of steel to go thru the die and a piece of steel tubing which has a hole just large enough for the brass to pass thru - that works pretty well also.

Well if anyone has a stuck case and can't or doesn't have the tools to fix it just send us a PM and we may be able to help you out for free. It is better to check with someone that can help rather that trying to do something and causing a more dificult problem.
Jill and I are always available to help out any way we can with Gun Smithing issues.

Thanks
Len & Jill

You want a course thread TAP to dig in deeper. Also a Tap that is larger than suggested drill size or smaller drill bit. The fine thread has more threads, but very shallow and could pull over. The course thread has a deeper bite!
The kits they sell have course Taps.
I may be incorrect but that is what we have used to remove cases that were stuck in friends dies.
To purchase a Removal Kit is only about $20.
Thank you everyone for all of your help.

Well if anyone has a stuck case and can't or doesn't have the tools to fix it just send us a PM and we may be able to help you out for free. It is better to check with someone that can help rather that trying to do something and causing a more dificult problem.
Jill and I are always available to help out any way we can with Gun Smithing issues.

Thanks
Len & Jill
Is this Len & Jill, Great news for people know where they can have their dies fixed or unstuck, Like to know more about your barrel chambering, I'll send you my info