Stuck Brass

The small base die I use on my 6.5x284 sizes the web area of the case. That was where my issue was.

In the photo below you just barely see the area where the small base die stops at.

20200421_215250.jpg

Obviously, the new Bartlien chamber is bit tighter. Any of the suggested methods might work. You might need to turn the necks down another .001 - .002".

I NEVER mix brass from on rifle to another. I'ver NEVER used a small base die in 6 ARs, 2 BARs and 2 R1s. I ONLY size until the round will chamber. I always use NEW prepped brass for hunting. Still waiting for my FIRST stuck case. (started reloading in 1958)

Thanks for all of the replies.....many culprits to choose from. I have decided on a scattergun path forward. Ordered another 200 Pcs of new Lapua brand brass. I also annealed all brass.....had a Giraud annealing machine for years, so decided to use it(works great by the way). Additionally, I set about measuring brass in the mentioned "200" area of brass. Doing so showed that brass previously shot in TRG42 had a dimension 1 to 3 thousands larger than brass shot in new chamber. So, although not currently in stock at Grafs, I ordered a Forster full length sizing die. When that shows up, I will size oversized brass to see if I can return brass to SAAMI specs. If so, I will try the previously shot to see if that corrects the issue. one response was to contact new buyer of TRG.......I had tried to find that person's info to give them the brass and even some loaded rounds cooked up for TRG but could not find it. Nevertheles, I believe I have learned a lot from replies and when new die arrives I'm going to see if that is part of the solution. Thanks to all.

Since you have a custom chamber, have a gunsmith determine the chamber dimensions. Small base dies and/or new brass may be required.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.