Struggling w a new Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52

Final Update-
Received the brand new Leupold VX-6HD 4-25x52 w the Firedot Reticle. Also received new rings, scope covers and a Firedot Reticle Leupold Hat-

I had scope mounted and columnated-picked it up Friday. I took it to the range yesterday-

First 3 shots in the circle before any adjustment-

Then you can see how it moves- #2 was 24 clicks up, #3 was 12 clicks down, #4 was 8 clicks up
#5 was 2 clicks Right and #6 was 2 more clicks right.

#7 was final shot - I was happy after #5 and #6 from a confidence perspective (all at 100yds- now on to 200 and beyond)

Thanks again to all that offered advice-
Brian

FYI-
(Extraneous shots were from a buddy using same target after the fact.

Attachments

• D717223E-6601-4205-9964-4317D20AEAA6.png
    D717223E-6601-4205-9964-4317D20AEAA6.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 143
Final Update-
Received the brand new Leupold VX-6HD 4-25x52 w the Firedot Reticle. Also received new rings, scope covers and a Firedot Reticle Leupold Hat-

I had scope mounted and columnated-picked it up Friday. I took it to the range yesterday-

First 3 shots in the circle before any adjustment-

Then you can see how it moves- #2 was 24 clicks up, #3 was 12 clicks down, #4 was 8 clicks up
#5 was 2 clicks Right and #6 was 2 more clicks right.

#7 was final shot - I was happy after #5 and #6 from a confidence perspective (all at 100yds- now on to 200 and beyond)

Thanks again to all that offered advice-
Brian

FYI-
(Extraneous shots were from a buddy using same target after the fact.
I would advise obtaining a target similar to this one....

21417065-E492-4B17-A16D-0CDF06F4F401.jpeg

You have to select the "get code" button and apply it. Midway can be pricy for powder sometimes... Just gotta shop around.
Hopefully they will have the custom shop up and going. I called Leupold last week about a reticle swap and they told me it's not certain when the custom shop will be back going.

Couldn't the repair folks take care of that?

Hate to see you burn up more ammo but would like to see you mount the new scope in your original Seekins rings to prove a point.
Glad to see something coming out of this.
I did- I used the seekins rings first- no issues whatsoever!!!

have some nice 34mm Leupold Rings I done need!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.