Struggling w a new Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52

a couple of years ago we had a problem with a Leupold scope on a 22-250 that wouldn't hold true no mater what we did eventually took it back and got our money back because the agent down here tried to tell us nothing was wrong with it until he tried to use it and he couldnt get it right either- When you have been doing as much shooting as we have you know a good product and you certainly know when you get a Lemon - I still like Leupold products however we don't use them at all now - There range finders are good and binoculars but I am curios as to the quality of there scopes - other commercial shooters down under wont use there scopes either

Sounds like my experience with Swarovski scopes.

UPDATE-

Leupold called at 6pm today, said that they had shot the scope mounted on their shop .308 rifle w a Proof Research barrel today- Once they had it dialed in shooting 3/4" groups at 100yds it continued to track 1/2 minute to the right after every subsequent shot. CLEARLY, something isn't right he said. They went ahead and listed it as defective. They are sending me the same version scope except w the firedot reticle. Wasn't my first choice (can't get the TMOA reticle for another month or more), with a hunt scheduled for mid October I just can't wait another month.....

They are including a new set of Leupold 34mm rings and several scope covers. They are second day air mailing it tomorrow- should be here Thursday/Friday I hope-

They will also have to recut the custom turrets. Should be mailed in a couple of days- sorry for everyone waiting for them....

The rep was incredibly apologetic, over and over and apologized it took so long and never should have taken over 6 weeks- and apologized that I had to elevate it to his boss. Said He's happy I did as his hands weee tied at that point. He went on to say that apparently their tunnel is down for maintenance and has been the hold up getting the scope shot. His Boss sent the shooter to a range today instead and he wished he had the ability to have done that a month ago.

While it is not exactly the outcome I'd hoped for (wanted the TMOA reticle) Im happy w the result and what I heard today- we'll see how things go.

Thanks again for everyone's input, constructive or otherwise-

Brian

UPDATE-

Leupold called at 6pm today, said that they had shot the scope mounted on their shop .308 rifle w a Proof Research barrel today- Once they had it dialed in shooting 3/4" groups at 100yds it continued to track 1/2 minute to the right after every subsequent shot. CLEARLY, something isn't right he said. They went ahead and listed it as defective. They are sending me the same version scope except w the firedot reticle. Wasn't my first choice (can't get the TMOA reticle for another month or more), with a hunt scheduled for mid October I just can't wait another month.....

They are including a new set of Leupold 34mm rings and several scope covers. They are second day air mailing it tomorrow- should be here Thursday/Friday I hope-

They will also have to recut the custom turrets. Should be mailed in a couple of days- sorry for everyone waiting for them....

The rep was incredibly apologetic, over and over and apologized it took so long and never should have taken over 6 weeks- and apologized that I had to elevate it to his boss. Said He's happy I did as his hands weee tied at that point. He went on to say that apparently their tunnel is down for maintenance and has been the hold up getting the scope shot. His Boss sent the shooter to a range today instead and he wished he had the ability to have done that a month ago.

While it is not exactly the outcome I'd hoped for (wanted the TMOA reticle) Im happy w the result and what I heard today- we'll see how things go.

Thanks again for everyone's input, constructive or otherwise-

Brian

Glad they resolved issues and replaced it. Good luck on your hunt!

Hate to see you burn up more ammo but would like to see you mount the new scope in your original Seekins rings to prove a point.
Glad to see something coming out of this.

Well...i for one am not happy that they just solved this one problematic scope....BUT....i am happy as helll that that they put it on a shop rifle and proved to all that there was a problem and that they went thru the full hoop to do an absolute thorough test.....that is what an American Company does for a citizen....we just don't see enough if it....
Congrats.....and i bet you'll like the firedot....seen them for years..but never shot one......maybe next $1000 scope....

Brian glad your getting a new scope, what you deserve after all this. I have the tmoa reticle and with your cds custom dial you probably will not need that reticle except for wind hold over. The fire dot looks like a great fast reticle after you dial your yardage. Good luck with your hunt this October.
Jason

Sorry, Wedgy.

I made a mistake in banning you. Cody brought it to my attention.

The ban is lifted.

Again, sorry for my error.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts