Stripped action screw head on Tikka

Tac-O

Tikkas action screw heads are t25 torx and aren't hardened steel. They strip somewhat easily. I won't go into how my action screw head on my Tikka ended up stripped, but it is.

Has anyone used a spiral screw extractor on their Tikka action screw before? I'm thinking of giving it a shot, but wanted to hear if anyone has tried it and ended up making it worse.

My plan A of putting some Devcon into the stripped head along with my torx bit didn't work. The epoxy just crumbled when I tried to loosen the screw .

Or....if your torx head looks worn.....grind it down to fresh head...clean the screw head as much as possible...insert and hope that it will grab....
Or....get a 30 head and reduce it to fit...tap in in tight with a hammer....should come out.....
Just removed a 1000 square heads from a deck...most all were stripped......had to use the same method.....

That sounds like fun!

I'll have to fiddle around with it a bit. Trying to drill the head off makes me nervous because of the bevel on the head and how it's kind of counter sunk in the bottom metal hole.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts