Strelok Pro help please

remingtonman_25_06

I'm having a bit of a time figuring out the strelok pro app where you enter the zero weather and current weather. I've got a kestrel 2500 that tells you altitude and pressure. But in the strelok pro version it makes you pick one or the other. This is where I'm confused. Dont you need both of the values entered to be accurate? When you go to the zero weather screen, it doesnt even have the altitude. When you go to the current weather, you can enter the internal barometer check box, or you can use the density altitude box and when you check that, the altitude pops up, but the pressure option goes away. How would you properly set this up? I always thought altitude played a big role when you're shooting at sea level, versus 5000ft elk hunting. If anyone can give any insight on this, itd be greatly appreciated

You can either link your kestrel to it to get the info, or when you select da, it uses the temp and altitude to get pressure

Had similar struggle. Altitude and weather are ways to find pressure. If you have actual pressure (air density) / humidity. The altitude is void. For example. At 7000 feet the air pressure still changes based on air temp. More pressure the colder it gets and less the hotter. If you know pressure at your location you dont need to try to calculate it. Hope that helps

In strelok you dont need the altitude if you have your station pressure. So if you have a kestrel (i use the drop) you have station pressure.

By entering the altitude it assumes the standard off the sea level pressure and calculates it accordingly. When you watch the weather they are posting it that way as well.

Using a kestrel or similar calibrated device will get you a more accurate pressure.

I also dont worry about zero weather at 100 yards zero. The time of flight is so fast it hasnt brothered my calcs. Thats not to say that you shouldnt check your zero frequently.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.