Straw deals

Quackshot

I wish we had a rule against members selling merchandise for someone else.
If that second person wants to sell on the forum they should become a member period.
If the first person wants to use their name as a member in good standing to sell for someone else they should take possession of the merchandise and stand behind the sale with all the responsibility as if they owned it.

I wish we had a rule against members selling merchandise for someone else.
If that second person wants to sell on the forum they should become a member period.
If the first person wants to use their name as a member in good standing to sell for someone else they should take possession of the merchandise and stand behind the sale with all the responsibility as if they owned it.
I have sold both rifles and merchandise(scopes, parts) for others, I can tell you that by listing I have taken the responsibility.
Unless the contact information is forwarded, usually not, I am still the contact person. Whether my item or not, if that item is a crucial(gun, optic), I follow up on the sale and make certain the buyer is satisfied.
I sold a rifle to muleystalker, member here, but the item was sold on a different forum, I was asking him 3 yrs later if he had fired the rifle and was happy.
Sorry, but personally, I feel your post is lacking merit.

I'm not accusing anybody of anything.
I answered an ad the other day and was told he was selling for a buddy in a different time zone and he would get me a number and time to text that friend. That struck me as wrong. Take over the deal or have the buddy become a member.

I answered an ad the other day and was told he was selling for a buddy in a different time zone and he would get me a number and time to text that friend. That struck me as wrong. Take over the deal or have the buddy become a member.
That's a different deal all together. That is more likely a scam post "fishing" and should have been reported.

I've sold for several guys with health problems and no on-line experience, people I know well. Any thing I've posted, I've taken responsibility for.

Oh, agree there. Going that route sends red flags up.
Now if PP is used, I have had the payment sent directly to the owner, but still my dealings.

You guys are saying just what I'm saying only using different words to get there.
If someone is right up front with I'm selling for my father who hates computers or I'm selling for my friend who has health problems, I'll read the ad. If I answer an ad and then get switched to another person and text number or email, I'm out immediately. And I don't care if it's a twenty year member with 7000 posts. You should know better.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.