Strange to me - Rem 700 bolt

Blancoalex

Ran across a Rem 700 short action chambered in 300 Blackout with different grove
In front bolt lugs. This is new to me and wonder if anybody else seen this and reasoning for it.
Appreciate any input you can share.

Attachments

• 20201201_164317.jpg
    20201201_164317.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 217
If you clean it well and mark it with black marker, does it wipe off? Could have been from previous owner or poor smith modifications. Odd indeed

Poor machining. A 'factory' .300BO? On re-barrel installs, I skim cut the front of the lugs as well as the back contact surfaces. It just makes measuring consistent for both lugs for barrel clearance. They never measure the same, from the face of the action, from the factory.

Poor machining. A 'factory' .300BO? On re-barrel installs, I skim cut the front of the lugs as well as the back contact surfaces. It just makes measuring consistent for both lugs for barrel clearance. They never measure the same, from the face of the action, from the factory.
You need to do youtube videos. With your experience, you could make a little money since we'd all watch

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.