Straight or Angle

The Nightforce spotter is a rebranded Meopta S2 so if you can find a Meopta cheaper that may be the way to go. They also made the Euro Instinct line for Cabelas. Great spotters !
As to straight or angled... I have both and I think straight has more positions such as in a car, next to your gun, looking down hill, standing, etc. but an angled is easier looking uphill.

Do you have anymore info in that attachment to spotting scopes?
Google phone skope, go hunt website has a good selection available. Get the adapter that fits your model spotter and the phone case that fits your model of phone. If you wanna get fancy get the Bluetooth controller for taking photos n video it's really nice. The phone skope was a game changer for me, no more setting up perfectly so I'm comfortable with my eye in the spotter, just set up and scan.

Angled for me- it's what I've used for the past several years. I took my brother's straight spotter out on a hunt and found it more difficult to use on uneven terrain (especially looking uphill). It's all personal preference though so go with whatever you're comfortable with.

Straight for the win.

hunchback.jpeg

Here are some pictures that may help you decide. 2008 sheep scouting in Wyoming. Get a light tripod that will hold the glass in the WIND
IMG_0293b.jpg
IMG_0309b.jpg
IMG_8378b.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts