storm gun case dealers

rjackh

id rather not pay for shipping by buying online unless i can get a really good deal. does anybody know of any dealers especially in texas? thanks

I can not give you an answer, however I did travel by air with my hunting rigs this year and needed a case that would survive the trip and protect my firearms.

I ended up buying the Boyt case from cabela's.

It seems to be perpetually on sale for around 125.00.

It did an awesome job and I saw in person the handler chuck the case about 6-8 feet onto the baggage trailer.

I definitely got my monies worth.

It is very similar to the pelican case.

i thought i had read somewhere that pelicans werent constructed quite as tough though. honestly im not planning on flying with this so thats not the issue, i just want a quality case that will last. i hate the crappy ones at academy and stuff that will flex under just a little pressure, not woth the money imo

i thought i had read somewhere that pelicans werent constructed quite as tough though.
Complete BS. You could argue they're equal, but you can't say either one is hands-down superior or inferior. I've used (not owned) them both and they'll both handle about anything you're going to dish out and a lot more.

Both Pelican and Boyt are great cases.

I looked and the Boyts are not currently on sale.

I would shop around and if your not in a hurry, you can do pretty good pricewise.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.