Stoney Point AOL Gauge

scsims

Can I use the same AOL setting that I get with stoney point gauge with a pet load as a starting point for a new load/bullet ..... as long as I start at minimum charge?

Can I use the same AOL setting that I get with stoney point gauge with a pet load as a starting point for a new load/bullet ..... as long as I start at minimum charge?

your post is a little vague. In the same rifle you made your measurments; yes. But I also would not. I'd start out with about .015" jump, and adjust from there. Bigger bores usually want more bullet jump than smaller bores do. I usually run my bullets pretty close to the lands in my 22 and 24 caliber bores, but also run about .015" on my 30 caliber bores (sometimes even more). It's also a good idea to start will a lower charge weight. Also remember that when you put the bullet closer to the lands the pressure will spike up a bit.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.