Stone Glacier 6900

Discussion in 'Backpacking' started by Sako1756, Nov 15, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Sako1756

Sako1756 Member

any experience with this pack, packing elk out?

2. Cmrem700

Cmrem700 Well-Known Member

Excellent pack for hauling any size loads.

3. dreamhunt

dreamhunt Well-Known Member

Just got my talus in the mail few days ago. Going to try and break it in this weekend... My first impression is holy crap this thing is light!!!!

4. Troutslayer2

Troutslayer2 Well-Known Member

I have packed out a couple with mine, though I don’t have the 6900 but it has the same frame. It can haul a load. This year I carried a hind quarter, a weekend’s worth of gear and the head all in one load, over some really rugged terrain. I still haven’t recovered but the pack is fine.

5. jimss

jimss Well-Known Member

I did a gob of research before buying my current pack and had it narrowed down to either SG or Kifaru. Both had rave reviews and devout followers. I went with Kifaru because their bags were in camo, offered lots of accessories, and great reviews on how comfortable the belt was. I don't think you can go wrong with SG!

6. Blackdirt Cowboy

Blackdirt Cowboy Well-Known Member

I had an sg sky talus and traded it off. Never hauled meat in it, but it just wasn’t comfortable. I guess my back shape and the shape of the frame did not agree. Other than that, I thought the bag was laid out great.

7. GA Sheephunter

GA Sheephunter Active Member LRH Team Member

I used my 6900 Sky Talus on a sheep hunt and ended up packing out 12 miles @ 83# to get to our extraction point. Throughout the packout I tried different tensions between the shoulder straps and the belt, but my back was definitely hurting no matter how I had it, and I had trouble keeping it up on my hips, but it was my only backpack hunt so far, so I don't know if the issue was me not knowing what I am doing, not having much of a rear to keep it on, or what. Maybe all packouts are like that.