Stocky's VG2 Stock??

Satchamo

https://www.stockysstocks.com/stock...n-fiber-vertical-grip-vg2-tikka-t3-stock.html

I'm curious what everyones thought is of this stock? I haven't been able to find much information on it online. I'm looking at buying a Tikka T3x and customizing it slowly. One of the first things I planned to do was drop it in a new stock and these are certainly intriguing. They are alot like the manners/mcmillan options without the 6 month wait.

Any info is appreciated!

I have one for a 700LA and compared to my Mcmillan's (A3 tikka and 700 Mountaineer) it is really good. The inletting I think is a much tighter fit (at least on the 700 action) than the Mcmillan. If Stockys had the T3 VG2 available at the time I purchased the A3 I would probably have got it instead.

Have the brother stock to this one, the new M50 carbon fiber stock, currently with my smith on a custom build. The few people that I spoke to, specifically having the VG2 (but for a R700), really liked it. One who has the Manners EH1, said they were very similar, with the VG2 being an ounce or two lighter based on scale weight (not reported weight). Price is right, so I think the decision to get one for your Tikka would be a great one. Just my $0.02.

I have one on my 6.5 gap and really like it. The grip is slimmer than my mc Millan's and a lot slimmer than my manners.

I just talked to stockys and they said they haven't had anyone (that they know of) put a t3x in that stock as it was designed for the t3. He said the big difference being the larger ejection port on the t3x. I'm not seeing that as being a big issue but maybe I'm wrong?

Are there any other differences between the t3 and t3x I should be considering?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.