Stocky's Stocks - New Sponsor

Yes it is about time, thanks guys! I'm really proud to be a sponsor of such a fine group, especially in these times we're living in. I'm sure a big part of our loyal customer base frequent here, and if we don't currently count you among them, perhaps you'll take a moment when you have time to check out our site.

We're avid hunters and shooters just like everyone here. In fact, that's where Stocky's came from, my own frustration in getting a quality stock in a reasonable time frame when the need arose. Almost exactly 8 years ago to the day, I called Boyds' to get a JRS Classic Pepper for a Winchester M70 I was converting from .243 to .300 WSM.

Had an elk hunt about a month off and was having trouble with my off-the-shelf Weatherby SBGM with the FailSafes I wanted to load so figured I'd avoid the jinx and start fresh.

WHAT THE HECK DO YOU MEAN 16 WEEKS?!? I NEED IT NOW!

I have never posted that story in a forum before, haven't even told many the story, but that first "Stocky's Stock" hangs over my desk, still unfinished, to this day. I ordered it anyway, used a Bell & Carlson Carbelite I found in stock somewhere on the hunt, and negotiated a deal with Boyds' for "a hundred of 'em" a while later.

That, my friends, about sums up our business plan. We now warehouse stocks from Boyds', Bell & Carlson, H-S Precision, Knoxx, S&K Gunstocks, TAPCO and a couple you haven't heard of.

As S&K's exclusive distributor we are introducing 3 new laminated stock designs very soon for under $200 and have an extremely special product announcement we'll make right here before Christmas.

Shooters like us, after all, know what they want in a riflestock.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly. "Nobody ships a better stock than Stocky" is what I preach around the shop but stuff occassionally does happen.

Simply mention "Long Range Hunting Forum" on the phone or in the email subject line (I see every email anyway) and I'll respond as soon as possible. You'll find we normally do that anyway.

Be forewarned though, I can be fairly long winded.

Thanks!

Don

Last edited:
I have bought a stock from Stockys and I have nothing but good to say about them. The stock I ordered was out of stock at the time I ordered it and I still had it in my hands in less then two weeks. I'm glad we have you on the team!

STOCKY'S is a great place to shop. Friendly knowledgable sales people, good prices and I had it in two days. Those S & K thumbhole laminates are a super value. The pictures on the website doesn't do them justice; I was very impressed.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.