Stocky’s M50 no longer made by AG?

MS660Magnum

So I got a Stocky's carbon fiber VG2 for a .300WM a few years ago and I really like it. As I understand it, they were one of a few proprietary designs made for them by AG Composites. Now I'm considering replacing an old B&C on my .308 with one of their M50's, but I see on their website that they aren't made by AG anymore, and are instead going to be made in-house.

It seems that the exact spec CF M50 I'd want isn't in stock (and I'm not even sure they're making them yet even though they're listed there). They claim that they're going to be "lighter and stronger than ever," but I don't know...

What do you guys think? Will they be good? I have no experience with anything made directly by the folks at Stocky's and I hate being the first to buy something new and untested.

I too have the AG M50 stock from Stocky's and knew for last 18 months they were switching over based on a conversation I had with them. Assume the quality will be on par w/ the new stock, as Stocky's likely wouldn't have switched otherwise. They did shave off a few ounces in the process. I'm sure there are plenty of members that have and like the new version.

My stocky's made vg2 is most def not the same quality as an ag stock. I have 5 stocks by AG. The stockys has exposed bubbles in the surface giving a rough porous finish. The hydro dip wasn't done the best, but it does have a nice squishy limbsaver.

My stocky's made vg2 is most def not the same quality as an ag stock. I have 5 stocks by AG. The stockys has exposed bubbles in the surface giving a rough porous finish. The hydro dip wasn't done the best, but it does have a nice squishy limbsaver.
Is your Stocky's made VG2 one of the new Carbon Fiber ones? Or fiberglass or polymer?

You're the only one I've heard from that actually has one. Sounds like in-house QC is disappointing. Better to skip on an M50 and keep saving for a Manners MCS-T?
I'd get an AG composites. You'll wait 9 months for a manners. There are some flat top inlet ready stocks in their inventory though.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.