Stocks

Lahunter76

Looking at stocks for my wifes rifle I am getting parts for. I am down to stocks and just wondering yall opinion on them.

1) Manners MCS-EH1-TK(Tikka T3)
or
2) McMillan Game Scout

I am looking to be as light as I can be and I know both are great stocks, I am just wondering yalls opinion of them. Also since its a Tikka T3x action the manners really got my attention being that they designed the stock for use in a Tikka t3/t3x action

Is there another stock that I may need to look at?

Check out Paradigm. I ordered one and should have it soon. I'm in Canada and the price was similar to a manners. I'm sure U.S. pricing will be much better. I believe they are made in Washington. I was told the weight with bottom metal to be 19-20 oz. the one I ordered is similar in design to a EH1.

I contacted PSE Composites (Ireland) and inquired regarding ready to ship stocks for the Tikka T3x rifle. They responded right away and told me that they have two available at a dealer in Montana. One was for a T3x CTR and the other for a T3x standard model. I bought the CTR for my .308 and it arrived promptly. I liked it so much that I then bought the T3x standard for my .30-06. The service has been outstanding. Expensive but high quality. Mine are pre-bedded and are true drop in. https://www.pse-composites.com/

I went for the MDT HNT 26. It's about the same weight but you get adjustable cheek piece and an arca rail. Maybe you aren't into chassis tho.

Only problem I have with Mcmillan is the new owners. They have some less then stellar reputations due to game violations in Idaho and the excuses made after the fact.

People are free to spend their money as they choose and I choose not to give mine to poachers.