- Aug 22, 2020
I'm missing something; what website?
The Havak Element is not really a true 'flat bottom' receiver. The flat is machined by removing material from the full radius leaving a small flat from the round action. As stated above (from their website) the inlet is the round M700 either short or long action. Reality is that you will be best suited to having this action bedded onto pillars.
- USA certified pre-hardened stainless action and bolt body
- 4 locking lugs with 90 degree bolt throw
- Bead blasted finish
- Spiral fluted bolt body
- Proprietary tool steel bolt and breech plug with anti-galling properties
- Removable bolt head (Magnum or Standard)
- 5 /16 threaded and removable bolt knob
- Full diameter bolt body for smooth bolt operation
- Integrated recoil lug as well as a lug for top Picatinny rail
- Available in: REM 700 short action + REM 700 long action stock inlet and trigger pattern
- Helical Extraction Cam
- M16 style extractor
Enjoy the selection of stocks now!
Your rifle has the proprietary long OAL carbon fiber mag correct? I sent my bottom metal in to Grayboe a couple of years ago and they did a very nice job for my S/A Havak on the Phoenix stock. Not carbon fiber but pretty dang light w/adj cheek and adj. LOP w/spacers. Any good stock maker should do this for you for an extra charge and lead time. You may want to contact AG Composites for a carbon option. Either way I would get going on this ASAP. I ordered a stock from Manners last year, nothing special order and it is at 12 months now.I have a Seekins Havak Element in 28 Nosler which has the flat bottom receiver. I am trying to find a carbon fiber stock that will inlet for them, but have had no luck. Does anyone know where to find one?