stocks for lr hunting

If you are right handed and shooting prone and or offhand, I bought the precisionriflestock from precisionriflestocks. They designed it for prone and offhand. It fits like a glove with your shooting hand and finger. They have McMillan make them for them. Awesome.

I've got Mcmillan and Manners. For long range, my T2 is my favorite stock. Here she is holding my 300 win mag.
2012-10-15_17-33-30_74.jpg

I am in the same boat. I am buiding a new gun with a predator action and brux barrel. I cant decide between a manners MCS-t and Mcmillans new game scout and Sport A3? I had also looked at Mcmillans Remington Hunter as well. I like the color options of the Mcmillan. Overall I am looking for a hunting long range gun that is under 10lbs scoped.

Manners just came out with a new line more for hunting. They have different variations, but basically you can have an A2 without the beaver foreend.....I might have went that route had I had the option.......just as info. Check them out.
Nimrod

well might as well add my 2 cents I like hs precision for the money they have a full aluminum bedding block and are comfy as hell to me. If you shoot a savage or a remmy you can find one in stock on most days and it isn't gonna cost as much as a rifle to buy one. Don't get me wrong manners and mcmillian are nice, but for the money hs is hard to beat.

Shot a lot of different stocks. Have the Choate tactical on my savage right now, and can say it is one of the best stocks for the money. If you are on a budget like me, this makes for a great combination. Lot of adjustability, very durable, great options, impervious to weather. It shoots great off hand and from a bipod. I was nervous about buying this stock, but I'm super glad I gave it a chance.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.