stock suggestions

HS Precision are solid stocks. Good quality, especially for the price. I have had several over the years. But they weigh quite a bit.

No experience with Grayboe.

Both are the same price. HS would perhaps be stronger, but not lighter. I have HS stocks and have seen test results on their strength. I searched for strength data for the Grayboe, but haven't seen any. Perhaps an actual satisfied Grayboe owner can help. Good luck

yep...that's what I was hoping for...thanks for the information. if it comes right down to it I will probably get the HS. Just wanting to go a little lighter on this one.
I've used both. The custom 6.5 I just got has the renegade stock. It's definitely solid. The rifle has a 24inch varmint contour barrel and there's no flex or anything. It's heavier than the hs stock though. Grayboes website lists the renegade at 3.75 lbs while the hs is listed at 2.55lbs. Like others have said though, I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Edit- I assumed you were talking about the renegade stock. I don't have any experience with the other stocks they offer.

Both are good quality, but I don't care for grip size or angle of the HS . It's all personal preference, I would try to handle one of each if possible and go from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.