stock removal??

mrbb

Ok, I am interested in knowing how often do you remove your action from your stock , to say clean it?

as I been hunting in the rain alot, and as such, I will at the end of the season remove the stock, and clean and leave a light coating on oil to the metal I cannot reach other wise

Its a custon rem model 7 in a mcmillian stock, pillar bedded

I have done this over the yrs, with never a SEEN issue

but

??
so what do you guys do, say if you hunted in bad weather with your rifles

just wipe off the top sidem, and never pull an action out of a stock(I know many that di just this, think I'm nuts for doing what I do)

or what
thanks just lookng for feedback!

In Oregon our seasons are SHORT!!! So if I'm hunting in crappy weather, my rifle gets wiped down daily, but the stock doesn't get removed untill after the season. I don't want my p.o.i. changed when torqing my screws down. I shoot & confirm my drops after everytime I remove the stock (usually after bear season- for dust, deer season -if its nasty rainy, & after Elk season -snow/rain etc) that's about it now that I think about it. 3 times a year, maybe more if I wanna work on it, or I'm out in Rotten weather.

I don't remove mine in season, just after /before I put it away

But many people I know say they never remove to clean , so that got me wondering what others do, on built guns

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts