Stock painting?

CjC73

Not sure of this is the appropriate forum but I'm looking to get a stock painted (dipped) like the one below.

Anyone know who could do this? My other option is to have it dipped in a different pattern.

Attachments

• XS25NCEQ6K3VU7EYYZPUH3Z5XU.jpg
    XS25NCEQ6K3VU7EYYZPUH3Z5XU.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Duracoat-Finish-McMillan-Stock-Refinish-vert.jpg
    Duracoat-Finish-McMillan-Stock-Refinish-vert.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 125
You can buy the hydro dip kits yourself, and there are a dozen YouTube videos that cover the step by step process. It is very doable at home if you want to tackle it.

You can buy the hydro dip kits yourself, and there are a dozen YouTube videos that cover the step by step process. It is very doable at home if you want to tackle it.
I've watched many. Still thinking of doing it myself too. There's a place close to me that does it but they're saying like 8 weeks lead time. Price was good at $120. But don't want to be without the rifle for that long.

To be fair, I've never tried it myself, but I've watched the videos and I have a friend who has done a few. He described it as "as easy as falling out of a boat and hitting water"..

You could paint it. Cost less and can make it match your environment better. Plus it's fun and rewarding. Get the matt clear coat to finish it off so it dont chip or collect dirt or come off with oil or solvent.

Attachments

• 20210302_132830.jpg
    20210302_132830.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 89
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.