Stock packs?

jpfrog

Anyone have any experience with a stock pack they loved? I have a couple of new optics that have larger objectives require my eye to be a bit more elevated than it was before, and as such, my cheek weld just isn't very good anymore. I don't want to replace my HS Precision LA stocks, so was thinking of a stock pack that could raise my cheek weld a bit, say 1/4" to 1/2" or so. If I'm adding a pack to the stock, I suppose a zipper pouch wouldn't hurt either to hold some dope cards or an extra 5 round magazine, etc.

I used a Blackhawk pouch on a .308 a few years back and didn't mind it, but it didn't blow me away so I was wondering if there's anything better? Or, are you guys adding some other object to raise your cheek weld? I could go bare bones and do the duct tape/foam insert route but would like something a little more clean and multi-functional than that if possible, but without permanently modifying or replacing my HS Precision stocks.

Thanks!

I recently purchased a Triad Tactical stock pack. I've only shot maybe 75 rds with it but so far I like it. You can also add the included Velcro strips to raise your cheek weld. I think they offer 2 versions. One with the shell holder on the outside and the other has the shell holder in the zippered pocket.

I have stock packs on my rifles with mouse pad foam between to get me to the correct height...works great in my opinion.
Which stock packs are you using? I was thinking of doing something similar to this as well since I have a few spare mouse pads sitting around.

Triad Tactical for me, I mostly use the model without any pouches. I love them, & use them on nearly every rifle I own!!!! Like Josh Young says, you can add & subtract extra inserts to get your cheek weld just right....They actually offer 3 models, 1 with not pouches (the one I use), one with exterior shell looks, & one with shell loops inside the pouch. Whichever you choose, I think you'll be happy. Personally I don't care for the Kydex plastic types! Just my $0.02 worth!!!!! Idaho-5R

Yep, Triad for me also. Very easy to use the extra strips to adjust for cheek weld, very comfortable and superior construction. Be sure to order the correct shape for your stock, as they offer two.

Another option for your consideration >>> https://www.beartooth-products.com/collections/comb-raising-kit-gun-cover-cheek-pad-weld-piece-riser

OBqdyTc.jpg

Last edited:
I was at Sportsman's warehouse a while back and they had a stock pack made by "hunters specialties" it is nothing special but seems well made so far and it was only $15. It has Velcro straps and a zipper pocket with cartridge loops on the outside. The cheek rest probably only raises your eye 1/4" but it is a comfortable, soft, fake suede leather. I've used it a couple times hunting and it was nice to have my tag a pen and a kestrel in the pouch.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts