Stock opinions, please!

Reemty J

People,
Have a CZ 527 varmint and am trying to decide what I do with the stock...it came with wood and I either need to get it bedded or am considering a Bell & Carlson Varmint stock vertical grip with aluminum bedding block in it. I am not a fan of wood stocks as I have had them change at times when you do not need it, like fall and winter when I am pursuing coyotes, do not need an impact change. Has anyone had any experiance with the Bell & Carlson stock? looks interesting........

Not with the varmint but another model and I am satisfied with it. It's on a 223 bolt gun I built and am getting incredible accuracy with my hand loads. No impact changes.
F3FD389E-F604-4B14-BEEF-5492FA9AA342.png

lowest was a pull on me but still happy with the outcome.

have you had it long? Ever notice an impact move? The Varmint with the vertical grip looks interesting as it moves your hand correctly for pulling the trigger and has a high comb, just not many options for a CZ rifle, not like a remington 700. Seems like the Bell & Carlson stocks 25 years ago were not that refined.

Reemty , I didn't like the Bell and Carlson back then but they my be a whole lot different now . How does the CZ wooden stock fit you ? If it's a good fit I would bed it and seal the barrel channel for now . But that's just me as I pillar bed my own . Do you have a way to handle one of the Bell and Carlson stocks to see how it feels to you ?

have you had it long? Ever notice an impact move? The Varmint with the vertical grip looks interesting as it moves your hand correctly for pulling the trigger and has a high comb, just not many options for a CZ rifle, not like a remington 700. Seems like the Bell & Carlson stocks 25 years ago were not that refined.
They definitely aren't a McMillan or manners. As long as you don't have that expectation and understand you are getting what you pay for, I think you will be happy.
As far as impact shifts, negative. It hits the same spot since I built it five years ago with different ammo of around the same weight. Again I'm very happy with it for the budget build I needed it for.

RJ, nothing wrong with the B&C, they are very strong. If possible, perhaps bed the B&C, they shoot much better with a little bed job. Most aftermarket stocks need a bit of bedding, they are made to generically fit several variations of a model. Good luck

I have a CZ 527 and have a wood stock as well. I've been looking at the Boyd's Laminate. They are supposed to hold zero with temp changes. Price isn't bad either. Thought I'd give you another option.

Attachments

• 85EBFCA2-847C-4575-8C69-C8DC87DF3220.png
    85EBFCA2-847C-4575-8C69-C8DC87DF3220.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 126
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.