Stock for Savage model 11

mobenzowner

Need a little advice. Got a Savage Trophy hunter xp in 243 Winchester. Basically just a truck gun, but did a little more extensive load development and the gun shows a bit more promise than I had expected. Gun has bottom bolt release of course. I decided it might be worth a stock upgrade so I was wondering if an accustock would be worth the $120 it costs for me to pick one up? Also, how do you all feel the accustock would compare with a b&c or a boyds? In short what would be best bang for the buck?

benz, here is where buy once, cry once applies. A Boyd's is around $200 for their AT-One with adjustable LOP and cheek rest. A little less for other models with lots of colors and options. The B&C is $100+ more. Both are very strong without the flex of the black plastic. Simply call Stockys or Boyd's to find the exact model stock you are looking for. Sometimes just looking at the websites can be confusing. With any stock, a stress free bedding is needed. Good luck

I agree Dosh, Have several b&c's with 700's in them. Like the Boyds' for the Ruger 10/22's but got a bad one for an old Marlin 60 once. I want to keep this lightweight as possible, so probably look at boyd's options. Was leaning that way already and you confirmed...
Thanks!

I just hate to have to buy that bottom metal. To me that is one of the most overpriced pieces to have to buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.