Stock for Dads gun....that kids shoot

TDog78

Just like the title says. We are fortunate to live on a long range paradise in Eastern CO and I am putting together another build. It will mainly be a gun for me for with plains deer and antelope but also occasionally for ELK. My question is on the stock. I like the Manners EH-1 and McMillan Game warden plus the A3....but I have not used or even held any of the above. TWO OF MY KIDDOS ARE LEFTIES that run right bolt guns so ambi comb is a must. They are 11, 11, and 12 and I don't want to get something that won't work as good as possible for them as well. Opinions?

All of those are ambi, if they're hands are big enough for the vertical grip and they can reach the trigger I think they'll be ok. With a more traditional grip they could slide they're hands forward a bit if needed. The eh3 is somewhat a combination of both and ambi as well, eh6 is ambi also but the grip is angled much harder. The grip on the 3and 6 is thinner and easier for smaller hands to hold, might be worth looking into.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.