Stock for Dads gun....that kids shoot

TDog78

Just like the title says. We are fortunate to live on a long range paradise in Eastern CO and I am putting together another build. It will mainly be a gun for me for with plains deer and antelope but also occasionally for ELK. My question is on the stock. I like the Manners EH-1 and McMillan Game warden plus the A3....but I have not used or even held any of the above. TWO OF MY KIDDOS ARE LEFTIES that run right bolt guns so ambi comb is a must. They are 11, 11, and 12 and I don't want to get something that won't work as good as possible for them as well. Opinions?

Smokepoles

LRH Team Member
All of those are ambi, if they’re hands are big enough for the vertical grip and they can reach the trigger I think they’ll be ok. With a more traditional grip they could slide they’re hands forward a bit if needed. The eh3 is somewhat a combination of both and ambi as well, eh6 is ambi also but the grip is angled much harder. The grip on the 3and 6 is thinner and easier for smaller hands to hold, might be worth looking into.

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce