STL_SHOOTER

crittergetter

What load are you using with the 178 gr amax in your 30-338 lapua.I got some in and ran them over the ICC and they were very good.I wonder what the expansion at 1000 yds will be like compared to the other match type bullets.I'am thinking of filling 100lb feed sacks with wet sawdust and try a couple of each bullet type I have at 1000yds.I dont know how scientific this will be but at least I'll have an idea.Only one real problem though a 100 lb feed sack full of wet sawdust will just about gut an old man!

S1
We have traded info on these guns before and I got it covered, but thanks for the warning I appricate it.This is why I come to this site for information...very helpful.
PS I'm pretty much a chicken #*#* when it comes to working up a new load.

Crittergetter,

What is the water capacity in your standard 30/338 Lapua? I'm going to have a barrel chambered here soon and am cosidering both of these chamberings too. Thanks.

Cg

Stl_Shooter's Wolf has about 120 grains of water capacity. Your 30-338 lapua may have more taper and a different shoulder design. It may also have a longer neck.

Any of these conditions could make the volume of your case less than that of the Wolf. Please check this before you start at 93 grains, as this would be way too hot for a standard 30-338 Lapua.
smile.gif

good luck and safe shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.