STL-shooter

Finris

Hello there,
I'v been going through the arkives and saw your thead again about the 600 yard shooting of the 30 wolf. I would like to know what type of rear bag and or divice you used to keep the rifle steady?Thank You for your response.

Finris,

At the range, I shoot the Wolf off a concrete bench with a short Harris bipod. I shot those groups with a silly (I think Caldwell, from Midway) rear bag that I felt was too short and way too malleable. I think I had to squeeze the bag for around 20 minutes of elevation - that kind of thing just doesn't help your technique.

Last week I replaced that rear bag with a much stiffer short-ear Protektor bag...

In the field, I use traditional prone technique (adapted, of course for the bipod) - no rear support. However, I will be testing AR Tactical's lightweight poly-bead-filled rear support bag this weekend on prarie dogs. We'll see...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts