Stiller action or....

Stiller Predator long action owner, Ì've had it about 4 years ,really happy with it, my smith mostly works with Defiance, but he liked the stiller,recently rebarreled to 280 ackley.

I have just purchased a Defiance Deviant Action for my first custom built (7mmRem Mag or Super Mashburn) and am wrapped with it, smooth as butter, super quality with great options fitted.
I will be building more rifles and will be using only Defiance Actions.
Defiance Deviant Action is so good that if it was a woman, l'd marry it.
Good luck with your choice, enjoy the journey.
Regards
Graham.

I have just purchased a Defiance Deviant Action for my first custom built (7mmRem Mag or Super Mashburn) and am wrapped with it, smooth as butter, super quality with great options fitted.
I will be building more rifles and will be using only Defiance Actions.
Defiance Deviant Action is so good that if it was a woman, l'd marry it.
Good luck with your choice, enjoy the journey.
Regards
Graham.
I was shooting prairie dogs in crazy high winds one day using a Remington 700, Stiller tac30, and a shilen dgr. The amount of dust was crazy and every action with good tolerances literally got dust in places that caused them to bind and no longer function. That day I found one of two reasons why tight tolerances in an action aren't ideal. Second is obviously cost. If I were building a gun for hard use it'd be a rem 700. The only action I haven't built on.

I haven't been able to build a rifle in years and happy to say that's about to change! I am looking for input on favorite actions for a nice hunting rig. Going to be a 6mm of some variation. I am looking at Stiller Tac 30 as an option but I have never used them before. Anyone have the good, bad and ugly pertaining to this action? Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Nothing BAD about a Stiller. Lots of GOOD. The UGLY part may be why some guys don't like them. Beauty is in the eye of the Shooter. I promise you'll not have any regrets with a Stiller. You'll pay more with others and what you will get in return, you probably won't notice. Stiller's are smooth, solid actions. Priced well and fit the Rem 700 foot print. The TAC338 needs a bit of inletting on a Rem 700 stock due to its larger action if I remember right.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.