STILL : No Sierra GK bullets!!

I have been finding Hornady , Nosler AB , & Barnes TSX/TTSX hunting bullets. Here & there , but avaiable. But when it comes to Sierra GK, nothing. It's as if Sierra has shut down. What the heck is going on with Sierra. They claim to be working non stop to produce bullets. All I can fin is MK everywhere, GK nowhere.. Does any one know something I am unaware of , when it comes to Sierra production ?
Ok guys I live in Sedalia, Missouri, here in Sedalia we have Sierra Bullets, Starline Brass, Capstone Precision Group which handles
VihtaVuori, Lapua and Berger bullets. I know people who work at all these places, they are working hard to fill orders.
Sierra Bullets, Berger Bullets and Lapua are making their own ammunition now. When some of the big dealers get in order
there sold out in a day or two from people over buying. I have talk to most of the company here in Sedalia and they are hoping
to be back to normal by the first of year.

Ok guys I live in Sedalia, Missouri, here in Sedalia we have Sierra Bullets, Starline Brass, Capstone Precision Group which handles
VihtaVuori, Lapua and Berger bullets. I know people who work at all these places, they are working hard to fill orders.
Sierra Bullets, Berger Bullets and Lapua are making their own ammunition now. When some of the big dealers get in order
there sold out in a day or two from people over buying. I have talk to most of the company here in Sedalia and they are hoping

You're in a good place!

Has to be a typo? SMK are the only hollow. GK are sp and fmj and some varmint too. I have maybe 20 in 140Spbt 26cal Sierras (that's bullets, not boxes)?
sierra has multiple offerings in the hollow point gameking bullet it is a great hunting bullet from 500 in the B.C. is not very good on them they perform better than the soft points

sierra has multiple offerings in the hollow point gameking bullet it is a great hunting bullet from 500 in the B.C. is not very good on them they perform better than the soft points

Yes I was looking at the bc on the 165gr and it's not awesome, but you're saying the terminal performance is better than the SPs, right? Can you describe how?

Better controlled expansion usually more accurate than the regular gameking in all that I have tried them in, no soft points to deform try some you will be impressed with their performance I am not badmouthing the regular gameking I think it is a great bullet

Last edited:
My stepson lives in Sedalia too, we were out there in June and stopped by the Sierra plant. At that time no 6.5 bullets of any kind. Three years ago we got to tour the plant, pretty cool to see.

Yep LOTS of TMK but no TGK's at least not in .284 or .308 Glad as all **** I bought decent but not as much as I wished of SGK's and SMK's.

Anybody know if the tipped matchkings will work reliably as hunting bullet?
I shoot a 7mm 160 TMK in my .280AI as my 2nd load @ 3035fps.
I have a buddy I load for, and the 7mm 160 TMK is the ONLY load he shoots in his .280AI. 3102fps, and he has killed a bunch of game with them. I think around 10 animals so far.

First of which year? 😆

As some one who has been using Sierra bullets since about 1965. The 6.5 140 gr GK Spt, 7mm 160gr GKHP, & the 308 165gr GKHP are extremely tough bullets. Much tougher than the SP version & tougher than needed for deer. They are very elk capable , which is why I like them. Real experience in taking elk for many years has proven this to me. . You would think they were a bonded bullet. I;m not aware of all the construction techniques, but a tougher jacket for sure. They have never let me down.

As some one who has been using Sierra bullets since about 1965. The 6.5 140 gr GK Spt, 7mm 160gr GKHP, & the 308 165gr GKHP are extremely tough bullets. Much tougher than the SP version & tougher than needed for deer. They are very elk capable , which is why I like them. Real experience in taking elk for many years has proven this to me. . You would think they were a bonded bullet. I;m not aware of all the construction techniques, but a tougher jacket for sure. They have never let me down.

How does the 308 165gkhp work On elk at distance... Say out to 500-600 yards, in terms of drift drop and terminal ballistics from a moderate carted like .308 or '06?

How does the 308 165gkhp work On elk at distance... Say out to 500-600 yards, in terms of drift drop and terminal ballistics from a moderate carted like .308 or '06?
The longest shot I have ever made on an elk was 347yds. They worked perfectly. The vast majority of elk I have shot has been under 200yds. So, for these ranges they have performed without an issue. One thing about these Sierra bullets, they wont blow to pieces like some of the new so called long rage bullets with catchy names.