STILL : No Sierra GK bullets!!

Got a box of 500 match kings in 30 cal 220 gr bt hp a little while back could not get Berger 215 and I didn't want to run out just wondering what the future looks like sounds like we might get hosed

I know these shortages just suck all the way around but what I can tell you is there's alot of good hardworking folks that care about what they do in Sierras factory. Several years ago I got to tour their facility which was AWESOME. I know since then ownership has changed and also they now own Barnes too. Seirra supplies bullets to almost every major ammunitoins manufacturer in the world and also military contracts. When most of them said months ago that they were a year backordered that means all these companies are too. I don't think Sierra is trying to screw anyone they just have the same hole to dig themselves out of like everyone else has to and unfortunately their hole just might be a bit deeper than some other companies. I don't think all of these companies are trying to bite the hand that feeds them but business is business and if uncle sam or whoever for that matter calls and says I need this multi million $ contract filled by X date vs stocking a walmart shelf for less then that's what any company is gonna tool up and run for. They have to. Yes it sucks for us but I get it. Lesson learned, when you find what you want or need at the right price buy BIG cause as history tells us this aint the first and won't be the last....but this one may be the worst for awhile.

Guess I shouldn't mention I just picked up 1k more of the 6.5mm 130 TGKs about 3 weeks ago.....and they shoot phenomenally too. 3245fps from my 6.5SS.
20211121_112826.jpg

giphy.gif

How about Brownells... got a big notice CCI Small Rifle Match primers in stock! Price? $124.99/1000... nice of them to look out for us...i suppose by now they are sold out.

Talked to a guy from an LGS, he mentioned their puchasing costs are up, therefore retail prices will rise as well.

We can't expect them to go broke because we want the price from two years ago, just don't work like that.

I was down to my last box of 6.5 120gr pro Hunters and found someone who was willing to trade some out of their stash for bullets that I had and wasn't going to use.

I honestly think far more volume of bullets are purchased by hand loaders, than are sold as loaded ammo. When I buy bullets, I prefer to get 1k at a time and same lot #. Yeah it may take me a year +- to shoot em all, but who buys that much factory ammo and shots that much in ONE gun? That'd cost a fortune. I shoot 13 different rifles, one gets a partial diet o 30$/box factory ammo cuz it shoots so good, everything else is roll my own. They're in theory cutting off the hand that feeds. A lot of shooters have been waiting for 131 blackjacks for a while(Sierra makes em) most these shooters have switched to bergers. Will they go back? Maybe, maybe not. This choice to prioritize other product lines will hurt their bottom line in the long run, guaranteed.

A lot of shooters have been waiting for 131 blackjacks for a while(Sierra makes em) most these shooters have switched to bergers. Will they go back? Maybe, maybe not. This choice to prioritize other product lines will hurt their bottom line in the long run, guaranteed.
This. I have had 2k paid for and on backorder since last December. Almost 1 year now. I am down to 72 left of my first 1k I originally ordered. Blackjack quit answering emails with questions about filling orders. I have two other buddies that have 2k each ordered.

Berger came out with the 135 LR Hyb, and I scored 1500 of them. Then, the 133 Elite, and I got another 1400. To be honest, after I get me 2K Blackjacks (if ever), I might not go back.

I have enough .257" bullets now, that I am in the parts gathering stage for a second .25. Either 25CM or 25x47L. Haven't decided yet.

Yep LOTS of TMK but no TGK's at least not in .284 or .308 Glad as all **** I bought decent but not as much as I wished of SGK's and SMK's.

Anybody know if the tipped matchkings will work reliably as hunting bullet?

Recent Posts