Still Carrying

Muddyboots

4C17458A-7E63-4BBE-A02F-BE39556A64EE.jpeg

Our resident Mule Deer herd are quite tame. I keep a small bicycle bell on my front deck railing that I use for calling them when it's snack time. Guests find it humorous when we go out and ring the bell and deer come running from all directions. My daughter plucked this off one of the button bucks as it was eating out of her hand. Kind of a cool experience. We give them all a test wiggle while they eat their snacks this time of year.
20220110_145615.jpg
20220110_145620.jpg
20230104_152523.jpg
20230104_152403.jpg

Our resident Mule Deer herd are quite tame. I keep a small bicycle bell on my front deck railing that I use for calling them when it's snack time. Guests find it humorous when we go out and ring the bell and deer come running from all directions. My daughter plucked this off one of the button bucks as it was eating out of her hand. Kind of a cool experience. We give them all a test wiggle while they eat their snacks this time of year.
View attachment 445846View attachment 445847View attachment 445848View attachment 445853
I'm considering a move from California back to the Dakotas. Where are you located? I was thinkin g about the far northeastern part of the state where all my farmer relatives live.
Mike

I'm considering a move from California back to the Dakotas. Where are you located? I was thinkin g about the far northeastern part of the state where all my farmer relatives live.
Mike
We are in the Black Hills southwest of Rapid City. I'm a northern Minnesota transplant as I just couldn't stand it there anymore. The powers that be are far more interested in protecting wolves and foreigners than the good people of the state. It has become a liberal craphole in the past 10 years. The few things I really miss about northern Minnesota are the Ruffed Grouse hunting and Lake Superior trout and salmon fishing. South Dakota has some awesome fisheries and top notch hunting as well as lots of public access land.

We are in the Black Hills southwest of Rapid City. I'm a northern Minnesota transplant as I just couldn't stand it there anymore. The powers that be are far more interested in protecting wolves and foreigners than the good people of the state. It has become a liberal craphole in the past 10 years. The few things I really miss about northern Minnesota are the Ruffed Grouse hunting and Lake Superior trout and salmon fishing. South Dakota has some awesome fisheries and top notch hunting as well as lots of public access land.
Thanks for the reply. If you think Minnesota is bad you ought to try SoCal. They are talking about giving reperations to people whonever were slaves, from people who never owned slaves , from a state that never allowed slavery. This hole is nuts.

ps I used to live in Duluth back in the early 60s. I agree about the fishing in Lake Superior.
Mike