Stiff Bolt Turning New Gun

No, no it doesn't! 😂 I shot the gun today for first time. Comparator measurement before firing that made it cycle smoothly was 3.618". Fired brass measured the same...so, what do we do now, Sir! Lol
BFD - missed the LOL at the end of your message - apologies if I restated the obvious in previous post. Glad things are working out!

Last edited:
That's a good thing BFD - the brass is now fire-formed to your chamber and given your measurement with your gauge you must have bumped the shoulder of the new brass you just fired back to the point of just fitting the chamber. From this point on, you should resize your now fire-formed brass to set back the shoulder so its about .002" shorter or 3.616" in your case and it should chamber easily. You will have to do this after every firing of that same brass. If your measurements are right and sizing die settings are correct, you should always be able to size your brass (bump shoulder) to 3.616" and it should chamber properly each time.
Oh you betcha! I'm pretty jazzed about this. So if I ever have a question on whether a load is too hot I'll have a definite indicator of such with this measurement! Love hand loading!

No, no it doesn't! 😂 I shot the gun today for first time. Comparator measurement before firing that made it cycle smoothly was 3.618". Fired brass measured the same...so, what do we do now, Sir! Lol
As sasquatch said bump one back to 3.616 and shoot it and see if it measures 3.618 if it does then you know for sure that's your chamber measurement.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.