Sticky Recoil Pad

700man

My pachaymer decelerator recoil pad is sticky. When I go to mount it to my shoulder, it will catch on my shirt. I have tried putting armor all on it but it is still tacky.
Does anyone know of anything I can put on it, so it will not catch on my shirt or jacket?

When you say sticky, was it sticky when it was brand new? Do you mean like lolli-pop sticky?

OK so I'm assuming it's not sticky like something got on it or the pads breaking down. Normally what I do is wear a not so loose fitting shirt that's thicker and stiffer when I shoot so I'm really not bothered by it. Other than that maybe putting something like painter tape (removes easily w/no residue left behind)on the pad or cover of some sort but, to me I would think it might tend to then slip around in your shoulder.

I guess iIam just trying to find a way to make it a little slicker. Thanks for the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.