Sticky extraction

When setting head clearance using the shoulder, the area in front of the belt becomes unsupported in the chamber. . Brass may expand/bulge in that area.

I would bet money that all you have to do is full length size. As a competitive shooter I want to get as many reloads as I can from my brass. 308 Win 200 gr Berger throated long, 44.7 grns. Varget. With the long throat thats not real hot but without FL sizing they get sticky. I used to just bump the shoulders on all my guns but in the past 5-10 years I and all the other F class shooters I know always FL size. It get rid of any sticking.

Just out of curiosity, check and see if a bullet will slide easily in and out of the neck of a fired case. If not, the brass is too thick in the neck for your chamber. Change brass brands or neck turn to see if your problem goes away.

Hello,
I have only posted comments on this forum a few times so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. I recently had Bartlein re-barrel, true the action, bolt & glass bed my 300 rum sendero. I receive the rifle back, and I'm getting a sticky bolt to the point where I have to take a brass/nylon hammer to get the bolt to extract & on a few occasions the brass remained in the chamber & I had to use a cleaning rod to push out the brass. I'm running the same load as I was with my factory set up including including the headspace shell holder from Redding. I was running the load pretty hot with my factory set-up so I'm thinking this is the issue or I just pushed it to far with the headspace and or both? My concern is something is off spec from Bartlein? Chamber issue? Anybody ever have this happen? Any advice would be appreciated? Thank you.

Hello,
I have only posted comments on this forum a few times so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. I recently had Bartlein re-barrel, true the action, bolt & glass bed my 300 rum sendero. I receive the rifle back, and I'm getting a sticky bolt to the point where I have to take a brass/nylon hammer to get the bolt to extract & on a few occasions the brass remained in the chamber & I had to use a cleaning rod to push out the brass. I'm running the same load as I was with my factory set up including including the headspace shell holder from Redding. I was running the load pretty hot with my factory set-up so I'm thinking this is the issue or I just pushed it to far with the headspace and or both? My concern is something is off spec from Bartlein? Chamber issue? Anybody ever have this happen? Any advice would be appreciated? Thank you.
It's nice to have you here, but you aren't really doing this correctly. You are 'horning in' on another man's post to get your problem solved. You really need to start your OWN thread. Trust me. People will come along to help! But not here. You are just going to get people confused as to who is responding to which post and which rifle issue. Thanks.

It's nice to have you here, but you aren't really doing this correctly. You are 'horning in' on another man's post to get your problem solved. You really need to start your OWN thread. Trust me. People will come along to help! But not here. You are just going to get people confused as to who is responding to which post and which rifle issue. Thanks.
I apologize. I will start a new post.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.