sticky bolt 2

Yea if your cases have grown past their max length it could cause a problem but I think that it would be binding the bullet up first and cause a serious pressure spike , measure you fired cases and see.

Your "head space" is a mechinacal factor that shoulden't ever change after the barrel is tightened so I don't think that head space stretch is possible or at least I've never heard of it.

Now the question for you to help solve your problem.
1) what type gun and what caliber are you
shooting?
2) what type of ammo are you shooting if
reloads state your load and how many times
the brass hase been fired and what type of
resizing your doing.
3) is the gun new and this has always been a
problem or is it something that just
started , if it just started did it start
all at once or has it slowly increased?

This does not happen all the time.It seems to be only heppening to caes that has been fire 6 or 7 times.The case is the right leaght.I was thinking it had got longer from shoulder back to but of the case.
skeeter

if you are only neck sizing your cases then it maybe time to run them through a full length die to get everything back to spec as your cases have grown a bit.

Depending on your brass (what make and hot hot of loads) it maybe time to replace it.
personaly if I get 5-6 loads out of some of my guns that I use Win or Remington brass I'm happy , granted in those guns I typicaly running hot loads so shortened brass life is expected

What loads are you shooting out of what type of gun? and what type of brass are you using

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.