Sticking a bullet in your ear?

Jim R

Based upon the forum description on the Home page of this site, this is the board on whcih to ask this odd question.

While flipping thru channels on Sunday, I came across an old movie based somwhere in the south. Two old "sharpshooters" were called in to take out a man and woman who had taken over a deputy and his cruiser. They were sitting in the back and the sheriff gave the go ahead to take the shot. Then both of the shooters took their bullet, licked it, and then turned it in their own ears as if to gather ear wax on the tip of the bullet. Was there something they were trying to accomplish? The movie did not expound on it any further and so far, no one has been able to adequately explain such an act. Just curious, Jim R

i cannot disagree with that, Dan. But I cannot help to think that there must have been some signifigance to it. Perhaps some trick old timers used to think improved accuracy. Maybe you are right after all. Oh, well... Thanks, Jim R

Not to be confused with the movie "Sniper", where he files his bullets to remove "imperfections"...........LOL!!!

Good shooting.
C'ya. John.

Wyojeeper-

Don't forget the part where he "dopes" the wind, says "That oughta be worth about 3 clicks for the wind", and spins the elevation knob!

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.