Steyr pro hunter

I have owned two in years past and both shot good no complaints make sure the twist rate is good for what you are wanting to shoot

I have one in 30-06 - very accurate, but not without flaws that frankly a rifle this expensive (originally) shouldn't have. The stock is the most comfortable one I own, but it's a noodle at the forend and that sucks (especially for the price). The bolt handle design forces you to mount the scope higher than you really need to so you can clear the scope. The action is not as smooth as my Bergara or Tikka rifles, but it's still in the "smooth" category.

And worst of all, the trigger has a little gritty creep before it fires if you pull it slowly. Very annoying and it shouldn't be like that the way they talk about it and price this gun MSRP. I plan to send it to Steyr with a not telling them to try again, buddy, but... I expected better. And frankly I don't like not seeing my guns for MONTHS.

I got it for such a low price that my "tolerance" for quality is lower than it should be. Again, the most comfy gun I own to shoot off hand (in a factory stock, anyway) and it's wonderfully accurate, but... it's got ridiculous flaws.

the two i had did not have the trigger issues the stocks were light weight when i bedded the actions i just poured a little epoxy in the forearm I actually regret selling them I has a 7mm-08 and a 243 a friend bought them for his kids they still shoot them

Speaking of 24hrcf ---- are they on the air ? Tried to join, got the welcome Email but still waiting to be blessed by whomever does that.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.