stevens model 200

poloairsoft

I started this thread in another are but got nothing, I am wondering if the stevens model 200 can be chambered for .338 lapua and if not is .338 federal or .338-06 a good choice? or should I stick with a .300 win mag, or .300rum. can anyone tell me about the .300rum?

^^^^^^ good option as well. the stevens mag will work with the 338/06 but may need some work with the others mentioned. My Stevens 200 will allow for a 3.560 length as is. As with any wish list figure out what really catches your eyes and there are plenty of talented people / smiths on this site to get you what you want once you decide. :D

thank y'all for your insight's, I assume you meant .338 win which I had not considered however that seems to be the cartridge that wouls best suit my interests. Thanks to both of you for your insights.

He meant 338 Sin, it's a newer design from Sin Arms, a site sponcer, that is working very good in standard long actions with performance near the 338 RUM level. You can do a RUM size case but it takes some mods and with the 338 Sin working so well it's may not be worth it.

Also where would you get brass? because my dad isn't keen on reloading so I don't want to reload strange cases .

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.