Steiner T6Xi

shooters

3 weeks in with the 2.5-15x50 and between 300-350 6 CM rounds, the new T6Xi is to date my second favorite optic behind the ZCO. I genuinely like it more than my ATACR's, Kahles K525/318, S&B PM Ultra Short, Mark 5HD, and the list goes on. The glass is superb. Like good good. Only difference I could see between my Kahles and the Steiner was little to no CA in the Steiner.
The windage and elevation turrets feel and sound identical to each other. The locking feature is excellent. My favorite part. And the turrets have the best feel and sound to date behind the ZCO. They are super crisp and zero play. I honestly think there isn't an optic that comes close at its price. How these haven't become extremely popular I have no idea. And its low light ability is phenomenal. I see no difference between the T6Xi and my Swaro Z6i in low light. It's that good. My only complaint is there isn't an MOA version in the 3-18 or 5-30 which is why I went with the 2.5-15, but shooting to 1200 yards I didn't feel a disadvantage. Just prefer higher mag for spotting hits and picking out antler tips. It's a tad heavy but feels solid. The illumination is fantastic. Tracking was spot on as well. If they came in under 30oz and had a 3-18 in MOA then I'd swap out ever optic I have for it.

How's the scr moa on the 2.5x, my previous experience with the reticle on the 2-10 was it disappeared below 4x same on a friend's 3-15.

That's cool to see a review of it, it's the top of my list for a rifle that's already chunky. Had been trying to see what shot had in store, but the t6i seems like it ticks all boxes except weight.

How's the scr moa on the 2.5x, my previous experience with the reticle on the 2-10 was it disappeared below 4x same on a friend's 3-15.

That's cool to see a review of it, it's the top of my list for a rifle that's already chunky. Had been trying to see what shot had in store, but the t6i seems like it ticks all boxes except weight.
The reticle I'm kinda use to coming from the Kahles MOA and Mark5HD MOA. From about 5x and under, I'm obviously not using the reticle other than the crosshair itself which for me is very visible still. At above 5x I could start using the actual reticle for hold overs.
The scope is also short and compact.

Most my hunting these days is walking around on low power usually in brush from October to now. Dusk and dawn are most the day, shots are either bow range or long range. I'm not wanting to use holds under 5x, just see the crosshairs enough. My 2-10 wasn't really visible even lit at 2x with a scr moa or at least not fast enough.

I love the trend towards short and compact, if they pair it with light our wallets will all be lighter.

USA

Attachments

• E5B18B41-D189-4B3C-8C50-9056B99E0456.jpeg
    E5B18B41-D189-4B3C-8C50-9056B99E0456.jpeg
    779.1 KB · Views: 227
I have the 3-18 with the MSR2 reticle and the 2.5-15 with scr moa reticle. Haven't mounted the 2.5-15 yet but will on a 7 I'm building soon. Used the 3-18 during hunting season and it's a phenomenal scope, especially at the price point. Both steiners are Every bit as good as my kahles k318i I have. Like the green illumination too. Definitely wouldn't be handicapped with the 15. I'll be buying more. Made in the USA is also a big plus.

How is everyone enjoying their T6Xi's? Do they tunnel bad, show strong CA, or get dark at their upper end of magnifications?
I'm in the market for a new scope. Had a T5X for a while but the CA was terrible and glass would get dark, extremely dark on the upper end of magnification. I did enjoy the mechanics of the scope and the forgiving eye box. For the price point of these, I'm not expecting ZCO performance but if these are knocking on the door of ATACR performance with locking turrets, I will likely purchase one soon. I'm interested in the 5-30. Thanks guys!

How is everyone enjoying their T6Xi's? Do they tunnel bad, show strong CA, or get dark at their upper end of magnifications?
I'm in the market for a new scope. Had a T5X for a while but the CA was terrible and glass would get dark, extremely dark on the upper end of magnification. I did enjoy the mechanics of the scope and the forgiving eye box. For the price point of these, I'm not expecting ZCO performance but if these are knocking on the door of ATACR performance with locking turrets, I will likely purchase one soon. I'm interested in the 5-30. Thanks guys!
Im interested as well!!

I am pleasantly surprised at the review.
I had one of the very first T5Xi production runs, and I had nothing but problems with it. After the 3rd trip back to Steiner in a year for repairs and coming back still not acceptable, I dumped it at a $600 loss.

Has anyone put their t6xi through the ringer and tested tracking/zero retention?
I'd like to know how durable they are in field conditions like getting bounced around in a utv etc.
I'd like to see some high round counts mounted on a magnum with lots of turret cranking too