Steiner Predator AF- do your eyes like them?

megastink

Does anyone have a pair of the Steiner Predator AF binos; either the 8x30 or 10x42's? I have a 8x pair of Vortex's (which are ok) and an older pair of Bushnell Buckhorns which need to be replaced. With the parro focus, I think these could be a good alternative, but I'm concerned that my eyes will be strained from focusing/refocusing. I also get vertigo from time to time when my eyes focus from far to near quickly. I would love to hear from actual users of this product.

I have a pair of the 8x30's and I can find no fault in them, in my opinion they compare well next to my ziess 8x30 hd's, I'm not afraid of a long shot but I kill more game under 50 yards than over, I spend a lot of my time picking apart timber and alder thickets looking for a eye or a nose or a antler tip in tight quarters and poor light, I'm not bothered by eye strain, in the old days I used to relay on a pair of Bushnell 6x25 custom compacts eye strain was a issue, along the way I up graded with Burris signature and various leupold models the steiner's are a good choice,

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the AF on the predators but I do have the Nighthunter Extreme 8x56 and I love the AF. If you are sitting in an area with a lot to look at with varying distances they are amazing. Perfect for stand hunting in the east or sitting on a power line. I don't notice any eye fatigue and the focus is seamless. You just look through them and whatever you are looking at is in focus. I'm planning to try the predators for a lighter weight option.

I just ordered a pair of the 8x30 from cameraland for $199. I'll give them a try, and if I like them, I'll give my Vortex 8x32's to my Dad. Thank you for the feedback!